20 September 2008

Volleyball

mesa made the 7th grade A team and is loving it. not having ever played much volleyball myself, i am learning the sport right along with her. when the coach told me they were going to play a "5-2" and maybe move to a "6-1" i just had to nod and tell her it sounded good, but that i had no idea what she was talking about. i'm waiting for basketball season. mesa is struggling to get her serves over the net, but we've been at the park every night working on it. most of all, she just loves the camaraderie of team play. here mesa enjoys a laugh with coach massey and a teammate during their first game (a win) this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved the album of these. They all looked like they were really having fun with it.... I remember hating volleyball with a passion myself; I could *never* get it over the net when I served. It was so bad that even the opposing team would cheer me on, to no avail. Ah, the humiliations of grade school sports. Glad your kids both got your athletic abilities instead of mine ;)